Monday, March 10, 2008

The "talk"...NOT FOR CHILDREN!

So, it finally happened. Hadley's friends at school have been talking to her about it and we finally couldn't wait any longer. Jeff sat down and had the talk with Hadley a couple weeks ago. I've been a little depressed ever since.

It all started with comments like, "You know, Emma thinks her parents give her presents and just "say" they're from Santa Claus. Isn't that silly?" Of course Jeff and I heartily agreed that that was the silliest thing we had ever heard...but inquiring minds have to know. So a few Sunday's ago, she came straight out to Jeff and asked him...."Dad, is there really a Santa Claus? Or is it just you and mom giving me presents and saying they are from Santa Claus?" My ever straight arrow husband ran out of the room and cornered me in the office with a look of shear panic in his eyes. He said to me..."Angie, I'm going to tell her, you can be there or not, but I can't lie to her and she wants to know." I couldn't watch so I wimped out.

Jeff will have to fill you in on the details of the conversation, but since then she keeps making semi-revealing comments around her brother!!!!!!!!!! And he's ONLY 3!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS GOING ON!!!! I THOUGHT THEY WOULD BELIEVE FOREVER!!!!!!!!

Well, now that Santa's been outed, sure enough so has the toothfairy and the Easter bunny. She didn't even ask about those 2, she just informed me that she figured it out. All very depressing, I know. :(

4 comments:

Matt "The Bull" said...

Wow, Iam feeling a little depressed even.
Well tell your little Geraldo Rivera to keep it to herself. My kids still think its true (I think).
And if some kid at school tells them. I am gonna deny it. I am gonna deny it forever and thats that.

Welcome to life Hadley; Nothing is real. :(

lani said...

Ty is having all of the same questions--don't know if I'm going to just keep him guessing or tell him. It's so fun to believe! But he really is demanding answers--he wanted to know if the Easter bunny was really coming or if it was just us. What do I tell him?!!!

Anonymous said...

What's this about no Santa Clause?

Curt

Angie said...

No Kids Allowed to read this post! Curt that includes you!!