Saturday, March 8, 2008

Is it a date?

So the father of one of the boys in Hadley's class called this week to invite Hadley to a play. Apparently this boy's grandmother had promised to take him and told him that he could invite a friend. When I asked Hadley if she wanted to go, she excitedly said yes and I didn't think about it again. When I told Hadley's father about the arrangement he lifted an eyebrown and asked...."Isn't that a date?" Well, Hadley went to the play today and had a great time.

When she came home, I heard Jeff giving her the once over while they were doing the dinner dishes. "So, did you have fun at the play? Who did you sit by? Were you sitting close to X?" I had to laugh...is this just the start? Have we entered the stage of crushes and going-together with father interrogations and all?

So I open it up to you...what do you think? Is it a date?

4 comments:

Matt "The Bull" said...

Not a date; I say, of course. better to make a "big deal" when it's a "big deal".
twice or thrice hmmm I might think better of it.

Precept said...

If that's Jeff's idea of a date then my daughter has already gone way too far...and based on Brinley's comments, The Smith girls are way past the dating stage and moving into the next arena:)

Heather :)

Anonymous said...

It depends, did he walk her to the door. That in my estimation seals the deal.

jtb said...

It was actually the day of the huge snowstorm. All school and church functions were cancelled and I just heard on the radio that the police were actually ticketing people for driving in the storm. So no, he didn't have what it took to walk her to the door...and I can't believe we let her drive around in a blizzard with a grandma and 4 kids!!