Monday, April 21, 2008

Day off...time for a field trip!

I had Monday off and so I joined Hadley's 2nd grade class for a field trip to The Western Reserve Historical Society. This was the first class activity I've been able to attend, so it was fun to put faces to the names Hadley always talks about. Hyrum came with me, and the highlight for him was the thought of riding on the school bus!! Unfortunately, 3 year olds were banned from the bus the minute we arrived....here's Hyrum's sad face.

But he cheered up soon!

He fit in well with the big kids, and kept raising his hand to ask questions...usually the same question. "What is that?" He was very proud of himself! Can you see him in here with the big kids?

Hadley had fun trying out the billows, and learning about the pioneers who came "west" to Ohio. I guess primary's good for something, she's the only one who knew what "Oxen" were.

I loved her friends! They are so cute and such good girls! As I was sitting on the floor with them eating my tuna fish sandwich, I thought...well maybe my co-workers would say this was a wasted day-off...but I loved it! Plus, I indulged in a little shopping later. :)

1 comment:

lani said...

What a fun field trip! I can feel Hyrum's pain at not being able to ride the bus--so disappointing for a little guy! Looks like you had a great time--great pictures!