Sunday, May 11, 2008

To the mother....

Happy Mother's Day to the ordinary mother who feels a little out of place when they sing about angel-mothers with the purest of hearts.

**What about the other kinds of mothers??!?**

Here's to the imperfect mother not usually spoken about on Mother's Day...

Here's to the mother who sometimes looses her temper, and has to apologize to her 3 year old.

Here's to the mother who gets tired of picking up the same old toys and socks everyday, and thinks motherhood can get pretty monotonous.

Here's to the mother who would never go back because the few amazing moments outshine the monotony.

Here's to the mother who wants to freeze time and watch her kids sleeping forever. Forget teaching independence!

Here's to the mother who forgets to pick up her kids from school, and sometimes has to say, "cause I said so" because she doesn't know why.

Here's to the mother who's just winging it...trying to be just one step ahead and hoping they don't see she's just making it up.

Here's to the mother who falls asleep while reading an 8 page goodnight story but agrees to a second one anyway.

Here's to the ordinary mother who messes up everyday but tries a little harder the next.


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY...too ALL mother's, perfect or not!!


I feel like I'm surrounded by mother's I would like to emulate. Your examples are inspiring! One day, maybe. :)

3 comments:

jtb said...

Is it true that mother's don't like Mother's Day? If so, why in the world do we guys try so hard to make it a nice day.

I feel exhausted today and I guess it was all for not...

Angie said...

I hope my post didn't lead you to believe that I don't like Mother's Day. I do like it! I'm just trying to keep it real. Thanks for pampering me!

lani said...

Happy Mother's Day--I loved the poem--it's so true. We really are just winging it and trying to do the best we can. You are an amazing mom (and sister)--glad you had a good mom's day! love you, Lani